Co-pays, co-insurance, and any outstanding balances are expected at the time of service.
Patient accounts not paid promptly are subject to third party collections and/or legal procedures.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Cash, Personal Checks, money order, or cashier’s check.
- If South Strand Internists does not participate in your insurance plan, we will provide you with a receipt for you to file with your insurance company.
- Return check fee is $30.00.
- If your insurance carrier has not responded to a claim within 90 days, we reserve the right to formally transfer all associated liability for the claim to the patient/guarantor.
- Please notify our office of any change in name, address, phone number, or insurance information.
- 24-hour notice is required for office visit cancellation. A missed appointment without 24-hour notice is charged a $25.00 fee to the guarantor’s account.
Prior to your appointment, please check your insurance information so you will be informed about referrals, co-payments, and any deductible required at the time of visit.
For your convenience, you may also complete the patient registration forms and bring the completed forms with you for your first appointment.
We accept Medicare, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Tricare, and most other commercial insurances. Your health insurance contract benefits are between you and your employer or insurance carrier. Any complaints regarding your benefits should be directed to your insurance carrier.
Be sure to look at both the front and back of your insurance card; as many insurance plans contract with these networks. If you are not sure that your insurance participates with your doctor, please call the number on the back of your insurance card for verification. If your insurance is not in our network you will be responsible for payment in full at the time of service
If you have any questions or need information about our insurance biling, contact us at 843-650-4006 and ask to speak with a billing specialist.